September 3, 2017

#WeWriWa Never Say Die: A Zombie Time Loop Story #zombie #paranormal #apocalyptic #groundhogday

Time for more Weekend Writing Warriors. We each share 8-10 sentences on Sunday for your enjoyment. This is another taste from the first chapter of Never Say Die. I re-used the last two paragraphs to lead in. Cassy has just discovered that she's in her own past and her parents are confirming that.

"Manson is still in business? There haven’t been any...accidents?” I ask, trying to lead them.
“No, honey, Manson? Since when are you interested in drug companies?” I can tell he thinks I’m on the drugs.
“Just since they bred a super virus,” I mumble. “It’s really July tenth and I really just graduated a couple weeks ago?”
“Yes, Cassy. Your tassel is still hanging from the mirror of the car.”

You can purchase Never Say Die on most platforms or in paperback:

14 comments:

  1. With that information, I wonder if she'll be able to stop the zombie outbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating subject, being able to go back in time and change history. I think we would all probably like to do that. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And more confusion for the poor heroine! Well done and fun stuff...I hope she can change the future. Great snippet. Love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the detail of the tassel. Harkening back to those innocent times a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So touching and bewildering for her. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what her parents think of her questions. Do they know she's in a time loop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool premise!! Makes me think of Cyberdine, the early years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really feel for her, so confused and frightened since she knows what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difficult and confusing situation to be in! You've set this up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great imagery added about the tassel as she tries to grasp what is going on. Intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I really hope she can changed what's about to happen somehow!
    My tassel hung from my mirror until the sun destroyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Caitlin. Maybe she'll have a chance to change history.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be a different story when she gets this part of it figured out. :-) Looking forward to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete