October 1, 2017

#WeWriWa Never Say Die: A Zombie Time Loop Story #zombie #paranormal #apocalyptic #groundhogday

Welcome to another week of Weekend Writing Warriors! I have another 8-10 sentences to share today, as do each of the other participants. Cassy just nabbed her Dad's keys and is racing away to stop the doctor that created the hell she lived in until something brought her back into her own past.

Getting on the interstate, I try to remember how far I have to go. Home is so much closer to ground zero, Albuquerque. We live in Gallup, just a quick drive away. It will take hours to get there from here, Monterey, California. I’ll probably pull in around eight or nine. Should I stop at the house? Is there anything there I need?
Not really. Heph, but he can’t help me right now. It doesn’t take two of us to kill one man.

Yep, she's going for the final solution. You can purchase Never Say Die on most platforms or in paperback: AmazonNookKoboiBookspaper.

9 comments:

  1. Nice! The tension is moving in a positive direction. I have a feeling she'll be needing some help, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Made me flash back to the scene in Terminator 2 when Sara is heading out to kill the guy who invented Skynet. Go for the source and yes, the final solution. I wonder if Cassy will be more successful? Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her fiercely determined logic. Makes her very warriorlike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling she's going to regret going it alone, but I admire her fearlessness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's certainly brave, setting out to change past events alone. Hope she doesn't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a determined heroine. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost wish she went looking for Heph, as that would be fun to explain. "I'm from the future!"
    And this definitely won't be as simple as she expects. Building up the tension nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she has a solid plan in mind. Otherwise, she's bound to find that murder isn't as she as she might think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With her determination, the doc is in deep trouble. Good for her going to the source.

    ReplyDelete